It’s your turn to win the $300 Monthly Prize. Do you have what it takes to be a Suck Less Champion?
Create a new logo for a mock company called AppRocket®.
Company Name: AppRocket®
Tagline: Where Apps Take Flight™
AppRocket® empowers anyone with a web browser to create functioning prototypes for their mobile app ideas in lightning speed. No coding experience needed. This approach saves the investment of developing a fully functional app. Plus they have a built in library of templates and graphics to use. AppRocket® produces detailed and realistic mobile application experiences, empowering entrepreneurs to present to investors to get their start-up companies funded.
Download the Brief below and let’s do this.
The goal of the logo is to visually represent the following attributes.
1. Speed (fast time to market, agility, responsiveness, forward movement, momentum)
2. Ease of Use (simple sophistication, user friendly, intuitive)
Logo Tone & Style:
Minimal, flat, simple, hip, modern, clever, progressive, bold, tech-savvy, friendly, smart.
Logo Color Palette:
Use 2 colors: Red & Grey. Red will be the dominant brand color.
Red: RGB: 237/39/57, Grey: RGB: 153/153/153
Combination Logo (Wordmark + Symbol)
Use 2 fonts – Use both a serif and a sans serif font in your logo design.
Twitter Profile Branding
The demographics are start-up entrepreneurs 25 to 36 years old, both male and female. This is a savvy sophisticated group who value the fast time to market to fund a new idea.
The top competitor is InVision. They have a leading prototyping, collaboration & workflow platform.
See below for some examples of flat logo design inspiration. For more, visit the original post.
1. Look closely at the shapes of the characters and letterforms. Consider replacing the letter ‘A’ with an icon of a simple rocket symbol. This would be producing a combination logo that is also integrated, not an easy task, but a good exercise to push you forward.
2. Consider creating an abstract icon that encompasses the brand ‘promise’ the company is making. They promise a speedy, easy to use online application to create prototype mobile app prototypes.
3. Try resisting the urge to use a rocket graphic. Think about a concept to represent ’Building Your Own App’. Create a retro modern graphic of a craftsman that’s motivated to get to work. He’s getting his hands dirty, rolling up his sleeves and preparing to get the work done. He’s ready to build something amazing. Try capturing that in an icon or symbol. No this is not for the faint of heart! But very doable.